Juan Francisco Villa is an actor, playwright and teaching artist currently residing in New York City. He has worked nationally with both his acting and writing being performed in New York City, Los Angeles, Syracuse, and Chicago.
His credits include numerous theatres, from the Goodman to Rattlestick, television, and film. He has been nominated for two Joseph Jefferson Awards, 3 New York Theatre Innovation Awards, won ITBA Patrick Lee Award, and performed in the Jeff winning production of Luis Alfraro's MOJADA. Juan's play, EMPANADA FOR A DREAM, was named best show in Chicago and Los Angeles.
Juan grew up in New York City, part of the only Colombian family in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Juan wanted to deepen his craft and trained under Maggie Flanigan at The Maggie Flanigan Meisner Studio.
Juan is represented by Gray Talent Group and an ensemble member of 16th St. Theatre (Chicago) and InViolet (NYC).
- The short film "Audition For Death" I star in is an official selection for The Brooklyn Film Festival premiering Saturday June 10th.
- Kicked off my 30 days to write a play as part of The Brooklyn Generator on June 25th.
- Chosen as a writer for season 5 of The Brooklyn Generator
- Co-starred on NBC's The Blacklist : Redemption. Airs March 30th
- Performing as Attorney Hector Nuñez in Other Than Honorable at the Geva Theatre Center April 25th - May 21st.
- My play When My Father Died performed on April 5th as part of the Something Marvelous Night of New Works: Generations Festival
- My music video "Don Chipotle" screened at the Latino Short Film Festival
- Performed last summer in Twelfth Night at Chicago Shakespeare in the Park